- I just installed Kids Place and did not set up any PIN but its now asking a PIN to exit. I am stuck, please HELP?A: If you did not set the PIN during the install, than the default PIN 4321 (as displayed in PIN prompt at the bottom) should work. Please try 4321 as PIN to exit Kids Place. You can use this PIN to go to kids place setting and change your pin. Its highly recommended to register your email so that you can retrieve it yourself in case you forget it.
- I don't remember my pin, is there a way for me to get it back?
A: Please click on “Forgot Pin” link below: Forgot Pin and enter you email. If you chose to send your pin to us by providing your email from Kids Place app, we will email you the pin to the address you provided. If you have not registered your email with us just shoot us an email at email@example.com and we can try to help you.
- Can Kids Place app start automatically when device is started or rebooted?
A: Yes. This feature has been designed to work only if device is rebooted while Kids Place is running. To enable this, please go to Kids Place settings and check “start on device reboot” option. Please make sure to register your email with us so that you can retrieve you PIN in case you forget it. We also have a premium feature (under advance settings) to always start Kids Place on reboot even when Kids Place was not running when device is rebooted or powered off.
- Kids Place is not starting automatically when device is started or rebooted?
- Please make sure you have “start on reboot” option enabled in Parental Control settings. This makes sure Kids Place auto starts if user reboot device while Kids Place is running.
- If you want Kids Place to always start on reboot, please to go to advance settings and check “Always start on reboot” option. This will make sure Kids Place will start on reboot even when it was not running when device was rebooted.
- Disable the battery optimization for Kids Place app: Please go to Device Settings > battery> upright corner three dots> battery optimization > all apps > disable battery optimization in kids place.
- Please make sure that you do NOT move Kids Place to SD card after installation. Applications on the SD card can’t restart automatically.
- Also please check if there are apps installed on your device that can enable/disable auto-start of other apps. These type of apps normally have names such as app manager, app killer, memory cleaner or device boost etc.
- Advance Timer is not working correctly on my device.
Please check following:
1. Can you please go to your device settings > security > Apps with Usage Access and check the permission on for Kids Place app?
2. Please make sure you have checked “Enable Advance Timer”, in timer screen.
3. Also, please make sure you tap on “Start Timer” button, in timer screen, to start the advance timer. You will see a message called “Advance Timer is Enabled” on Kids Place main screen if Advance timer is active. If you don’t see it, please tap the “Start Timer” button.4. Please make sure you have the right user assigned to the timer profile.
If you still have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with following details: Can you please let me know the details about what is not working?
Are you using daily time limit or blocked time slots or both? Which type of limit is not working?What is your device model and android version?Are you tapping on start timer button and it shows advance timer enabled on Kids Place home screen?Your additional information is highly appreciated and will help troubleshoot the issue.
- My device got Lollipop update and now kids can access guest account from top Notification bar
A: Please go to Kids Place settings > Parental Control (or User Interface) Settings and check “Lock Notification Bar” option. This will block the notification bar to avoid switching to guess access .
- I am not able to pull down top Notification bar
A: Please go to Kids Place settings > Parental Control (or User Interface) Settings and uncheck “Lock Notification Bar” and check display status bar option. Please note that this may make Kids Place less secure and user may be able to create a new android user profile from top notification bar.
- Why do Kids Place app need in-app purchase permission?A: We added some premium features, to avoid illegal commercial use by some manufactures and businesses. These are all new features (except changing app title). In-app permission is required to activate these features. The access to in-app is protected by PIN and is under settings so kids can’t access it. Also, it does not affect any existing functionalities for users who use it for personal use there is no need to buy.
- Do I need to buy Kids Place Premium Features for all my devices if I use my app for Personal Use?
A: No. You don’t have to buy Premium Features for multiple devices as purchase is tied to your Google Play account. If you just tap on purchase button on new device, app will do a check first and automatically restore the previous purchase. Please not this is only valid for personal use. Please contact us for commercial use of the application.
- I can not find Kids Place menu and settings option?
A: The location of setting varies by device type and android version on it. You may find Kids Place menu options in one of the following places:
- Tap on three vertical dots on top right corner next to exit/folder icon.
If your device has a bottom system navigation bar with home and back button than please try pressing button on right of home button and it may bring up the menu. This button may have three horizontal lines.
Your device may have a physical menu button. This button may have three horizontal lines
- How do I delete/remove apps from Kids Place?A: To remove an app from Kids Place, please go to Kids Place menu > select apps. In that screen you can tap on the app you want to remove. Selected apps are shown in white background and unselected apps are show in clear background.
- Why Kids Place is blocking Phone app? OR Why I am not able to hang up phone call? OR Why Why Kids Place is blocking an approved app ? A: Most likely the app is internally using another app that blocked. Please add dialer/contacts and phone app as approved app in Kids Place.
After this, please replicate by making/receiving a call and as soon as its blocked, you will see at the bottom of the screen a message to add the package/process to whitelist. Please tap it to add to whitelist
please go to settings > whitelist and tap on Last Blocked App button. It will add the package name of last blocked app on the text box above. Tap on add button to add this app to white list. Once you have done it, please give it another try.
Can you please try to open the app that is being blocked and as soon as its blocked, please go to settings > whitelist and tap on Last Blocked App button. It will add the package name of last blocked app on the text box above. Tap on add button to add this app to white list. Once you have done it, please give it another try.
- What is the whitelist option in Kids Place settings?A: Whitelist option allows you add an app (package name) as approved app without it being added on home screen. This comes in handy, when an approved app is being blocked because its internally using another app that you may not want to show on Kids Place Home Screen. You can either manually add the package name (its typically in this format com.something.appname) in the text box or try to open the app that is being blocked and as soon as its blocked, please go to settings > whitelist and tap on Last Blocked App button. It will add the package name of last blocked app on the text box above. Tap on add button to add this app to white list.
- Can I allow kids to switch users?
A: Yes. Please go to kids place settings > parental controls > check “allow kids to switch user” option. This will add a menu option in kids palce home screen for kids to switch user.
- Can I block or filter websites in Kids Place?
- Can I control what YouTube or videos kids can watch in Kids Place?A:Please use our Kids Safe Video Player plugin app for filtering YouTube or other videos on device:
Kids Safe Video Player
You just add Kids Video Player as an approved app in Kids Place instead of YouTube app.
- Where can I find Kids Place User Guide?
- Where can I find Kids Safe Browser User Guide?
- Where can I find Kids Place Timer User Guide?
- How can I access Kids Safe Browser Control Panel from a website?
- Where can I find Kids Place Remote Control User Guide?I got a tablet from my School and it has Kids Place app on it. How can I exit out of it or add more apps?A: Please contact your School for help as they will be able to assist you with this.
- Why do I still see the default home screen when hitting the home button before it sends me back into Kids Place?A: This occurs when you don’t have the “Lock home button” setting checked. The setting temporarily changes the default home of your Android device and is more secure than relying on special logic to push you back into Kids Place. It is recommended you check “Lock home button”.
- How can I rearrange the icons?A: Please see Kids Place user guide on how to create categories.
- How can I change Kids Place User level PIN?A: Please go to Kids Place settings > Manage User and long press on User icon to edit user including PIN.
- How can I uninstall Kids Place - Parental Control app from my Android device?A: There is nothing special required to uninstall Kids Place. Please first exit out of Kids Place using your PIN. Once you are out of Kids Place, you can uninstall the app by going to your device settings > applications > manager applications > Kids Place > uninstall.
If the uninstall button is not available or greyed out than most likely you have checked “block uninstall” option under Kids Place advance settings. Please go back to Kids Place menu > advance settings > uncheck “block uninstall” option. You can than exit Kids Place and uninstall the app from device settings > application manager.
- Is Kids Place - Parental Control app available for iPhone and iPad?
- How can I access books from Kids Place on the Kindle Fire?A: At the moment the Fire doesn’t offer a clean way of accessing your books from within Kids Place, however the following method allows you to read books on Kindle while Kids Place app protection is still enabled:
1) Add the Kindle Free time app to Kids Place
2) Add Kids Place app to Kindle Free Time app
3) Start Kids Place from Kindle Free Time app
Books can than be accessed from Kindle Free Time app.
For 1st Gen Kindle Device, please add Kindle Launcher to Kids Place.
Use the Fire Launcher book area to choose which book to read. The launcher is required because it is presently the only app that has the ability to switch between the books – the Kindle app can only view a single book at a time.
Even though you now have given your child access to the Fire launcher, the good news is that your device will still be locked down for things other than books – they will still be prevented from doing things you don’t want them to be doing like purchasing videos, music or running apps that are not in Kids Place.
We are presently looking into ways to expose the books from within Kids Place itself and not have to resort to the Fire Launcher. We may have something in a few versions down the line.
Please click on questions to see answer.