Pokémon Go - Parental Controls Set up using Kids Place
Pokémon Go is Nintendo’s extremely popular augmented reality applications for Apple and Android devices has become an instant hit among kids and adults alike. The Pokémon players around the globe are downloading the application and chasing for pocket creatures in neighborhoods and cities all around the world. If your child is spending too much time on this app instead of studying or using other educational apps on their tablets or smart phone, you can try use Kids Place – Parental Control app to limit their screen time.
Kids Place is #1 Android Parental Control app on Play Store and is trusted by millions of parents.
Once you install Kids Place, you can add Pokémon Go as approved app in Kids Place and than use Kids Place timer feature to control the access of app. Kids Place Advance Timer feature will allow to set up daily time limit for each day of the week and will allow you to set up during what time of day app can be used. So, for example, you can configure that Pokemon Go app can be used only 1 hour a day during weekdays and 3 hours a say during weekends. You can also set up a weekly schedule so that app can only be only used during 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM on weekdays and from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM on weekends when kids have more time and can sleep late.
Please follow these steps to control access and usage of app on your child’s tablet or phone:
- Download Kids Place – Parental Control app from Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiddoware.kidsplace
- Once you install and configure, add Pokémon Go as one of the approved app inside Kids Place. You can add other apps that you allow or want your kids to use as approved apps inside kids place. This makes sure your kids can only play the apps you have approved and have not access to any other apps/settings on the device that you don’t want to use.
- Now to control how long or during what time of the day Pokémon Go can be used, please go to Kids Place settings > Timer and enable “advance timer” option.
- Than tap on configure app schedule and tap on calendar icon on default profile.
- In the following screen tap on apps tab and select Pokémon Go app. Now, you can set up daily time limit for each day of the week. Just select the day of the week from drop down and enter the time for each of the day.
- You can also tap or swipe fingers on time slots to block or approve the app access during various time slots though out this week.
- Once you have configured this, go back to Kids Place settings > Timer and tap on “Start Timer” button.
- Kids Place will block Pokémon Go app access once the daily time limit exceeds or during the time frame where you have set the app to blocked.